Like I mentioned earlier, I try to do one big cleaning project per week. Sometimes that works great but other times I am able to get more than one thing done in a week. I think it's really important to make a list to keep yourself organized when you are going to attempt a large clean. My list is usually the same every year but there have been some additions like power washing the kids outdoor toys, reorganizing the garage and things that we didn't have to do before the kids. My list for this year is pretty complete and I thought I would share it. I will do a post of before and afters each time I finish something on the list.
1. In, behind and the sides of the oven.
2. Interior and top of the refrigerator.
3. Screens and window sills.
4. Deep clean my car. (probably the scariest on the list)
5. Wash all bedding, including vacuuming the mattresses.
6. Organize the garage.
7. Power wash the screened in porch and toys that were left outside.
8. Wipe down baseboards and walls.
9. Vacuum couches.
10. Wash throw rugs.
I am going to print this list out and put it on my bulletin board so I can check things off. It feels so great to check off, actually I might even cross off!!!!
OK so this is the first step in getting ready to clean...make your list...
Am I forgetting anything???