Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Featured Blogger!

I am so excited to share my friend, Lauren's blog with you!  She is the newest distributor on our Shaklee team and she has an amazing blog geared toward moms who want to keep our planet green and make healthy choices for our families.
Here is what Lauren says:


I’m the germ-a-phobic mom who was cleaning all the baby toys with Clorox wipes as my son’s playgroup was still at our house – because I was so afraid of germs! My friends can attest to this!
I can honestly say that I have tried every cleaning product on the grocery store shelves. You name it, I have bought it at least once in my lifetime. I love to try new things to see which products work the best. I always thought the cleaner things smelled, the cleaner they were. However once my son was diagnosed with Asthma at age 3, I started doing research to eliminate the Asthma triggers in my own home and found this startling fact:
COMMON HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS GIVE OFF FUMES THAT CAN POTENTIALLY INCREASE THE RISK OF CHILDREN DEVELOPING ASTHMA.
What? I thought I was preventing him from becoming sick as I scrubbed everything down with the most “effective” chemicals known to man… You mean these “tried and true” cleaners that generations have used may be the reason my son was up at night, coughing until he threw up? Was so tired all day every day with dark circles around his eyes?  Came down with pneumonia twice in a 6 month period?  Was on medicine around the clock? Antibiotics, nebulizers, inhaler, steroids, Zyrtec, Singulair… Numerous trips to the doctor, chest x-rays, etc.  A LOT of money was spent, and even more tears were shed – by everyone.  All I wanted was for my little boy’s pain to go away and to feel “normal” again. 
So then I was on a mission to find non-toxic cleaners that actually worked.  Again, I tried many different brands of “Green” cleaners but nothing “worked” as well the conventional ones.  Until one day I found SHAKLEE.  It’s been around for 50 years and everything they make is safe for you, your home, and your planet.  Every product in their “Get Clean” line has exceeded my expectations.  You cannot get their products in the store.  The only way to get it is to order through someone.  I was wrestling with the decision to become a distributor but have taken a leap of faith and decided to go full steam ahead.  I am being completely sincere when I say that I am not in this for the money.  It’s a way to get their products more affordably for my family!  Plus I want everyone to know how safe they are, how effective they are AND to help prevent anyone else’s child from going through what my son went through.   
My favorite fact: Shaklee is the FIRST company to become certified in the U.S. as Climate Neutral – they completely offset all of their CO2 emissions – leaving a net zero impact on the environment.  Also all of their products are bio-degradable or recyclable.  I love this company’s philosophy and I know you will love their products too if you give them a chance.
Update on Chase: He is completely off of all medicines since March.  Not only have I changed all of my cleaning products to non-toxic ones, I have also made some changes to the way we eat including buying organic whenever possible and staying away from processed foods.  He is one happy boy these days!  

Amazing, right?! If you visit Lauren's blog, leave her a comment and tell her how you found her!
There are only two days left to join Shaklee and receive a free lifetime membership.  If you are interested, click this link and add the membership to your cart.  Then shop for any products, making sure you spend $30.  The membership fee will automatically be deducted when you check out.  This is a great chance to join if you have been considering it!
If you aren't sure what would be best for your family, I would love to speak with you about some choices you could make.

No comments:

Post a Comment