Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fitting it all in-Springtime

My priorities in the spring shift from organizing the inside of our home to spending time outside with my family.  There's been a lot going on around here.  My kids really live outside especially in the spring.  We go out around 10 am, eat lunch outside, come in for naps and then return to the yard for the remainder of the day.  I love the freedom they have to play, the no-mess meals outside (the booster seat hasn't even made it in for four days) and just the energy that the kids get to use up.  All of that being said, not much organizing or even cleaning has been happening inside!
I try to do the upkeep of the house in the morning...usually I get two loads of laundry done and then I fold during naps.  I keep up on the dishes as they come but lunch is an easy clean up.  I do the upstairs while the baby naps and the older two watch Curious George (a household favorite).  I move pretty fast and can get everything looking pretty good in those first few hours of the day.
Some of my everyday cleaning things are different in the spring.  I have to sweep the laundry room several times a day because of everything that gets tracked in.  I think it saves me time to spend the two minutes sweeping rather than have dirt tracked all through the house.  I also beach towel washing and hand washing bathing suits (which is really a pain).
There's really not much of a point to this post except to check in!

No comments:

Post a Comment