Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scour Off



Cleaning the oven can be as simple as turning on the self clean button and walking away.  But when it's finished you are usually left with the ashes on the bottom on the oven and the glass door that is still pretty gross.  Oven cleaners are among the toxic cleaning products that people use.  The contain lye and ammonia, which is corosive to eyes, skin and organs when inhaled.  Think about that!!!! Wow!!! Not only do I not want to breathe that in but my kids and their little lungs....no way!  But a clean oven is a must.  I found out about Shaklee's Scour Off.  It's chemical free, made from real cherry pits so the smell is amazing.  I take my fingers and stick them right in the jar, scoop some out and start scrubbing!


Here are some before and after shots of my oven door --warning, it was gross!!!
BEFORE 
(this was after I ran the self clean cycle)



AFTER
(my daughter "helped" me and I didn't have to worry about the fumes)
Scour Off is one of my favorite Shaklee products.  You can use it on tile, grout, sinks, copper, cement and more!  I love using it on my stainless steel sink, too.  I used to use SoftScrub but that's out!  I keep a jar in my bathroom upstairs and one under my kitchen sink.  Any takers?
Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment