Saturday, April 9, 2011

30 in 30

So I was reading one of my favorite blogs and Jen is hosting a challenge for the month of April.  She challenges her readers to purge 30 items in 30 days.  I love this idea!  To be honest, I throw out/ donate things all of the time.  I can't stand "stuff" but there are some spots that need to be cleaned out for sure!  The boys have large closets and I know that there are things lurking in the corners that can be tossed.  I don't even want to think about the attic cause that has been our "toss" place for the past 4 years.  Our neighborhood hosts a huge yard sale and we have vowed to go up there before hand...but that's a whole other post.
Anyway, do you think you can do this?  Purge (donate, throw out, give to a friend) 30 things in 30 days?  If you want to participate, just leave me a comment.  I am going to take pictures (or try) of the things that I throw out.  On Saturdays I will post the pictures and any pictures that you send me of your purges.
This is so exciting!
On that note, there are some things that make it easier to get rid of things.  I try and think about the true purpose of things.  For example, I don't keep many of the projects that come home from preschool and church.  I toss them.  If I kept all of their art work it would be overwhelming.  So I usually pick one project per season and get rid of the rest.  Then I store that in a box (I have one per child) and sometimes I take pictures of special things too.  (takes up less space)  It's probably easy for me because I am not really sentimental and I don't see much value in keeping things.  The other good rule of thumb is that if you haven't used it in the past 12 months, get rid of it!  That old video camera, those shoes that might come back into style, the kids old stuffed animals...
Good luck and let me know if you are "in"!!!

1 comment: