Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hall Closet

Yesterday was another day when I had a spare few minutes to clean out the hall closet.  Since I am trying to purge 30 in 30 I thought the hall closet was a good place to start.  I knew there were a lot of coats in there and really, there is no reason for me (who is non stylish) to have more than 2-3 coats.  One thing that really bothers me is that there is ZERO light in the closet or the hallway near it.  Maybe someday we will get a light fixture installed...

So here are the befores.  It was hard to take pics cause the hall is small and dark...
 The kids "spare" coats are on the top right and my coats are on the bottom right.
 The mystery pile in the back left is just that...a pile of random, begging to be tossed items.

In the middle of the redo.  Notice the random potty training seat...yes, the hall closet is a great spot to keep that...note my sarcasm!
 That pile of coats on the floor are all of the ones that are going to be out during our yard sale.  There were 7 that I got rid of!
 The kids had a great time playing with hats and winter gear...

 I used these two cloth bins.  One for hats and one for the grown up winter gear.
 These are the afters...not too impressive but the whole space is clutter free!


Have you taken a few minutes to organize a space?

1 comment:

  1. oh, Jill...you could do about 50 of these posts on my house lately! I have been getting rid of "STUFF" non-stop... it seems I am taking a trip to the thrift shop every single day. I have certainly done my 30 in 30! love you!

    ReplyDelete